Nouvation’s OTIS® software for Blood Banks and Hospital Laboratories focuses on easy tracking and easy trending of deviations for process improvement and regulatory compliance.
- Spend less time collecting data and get a dramatically higher information yield from the data collected. The business question is “Do you work for your data collection system (paper-and-pen, Excel®, Word®, Access®, etc.), or does your system work for you?” The answer really hinges on how easily and quickly actionable information can be extracted from your system because the purpose of data collection is not data collection, but information generation. How does your QA system for data collection measure on this metric?
- Easily target process improvement efforts – trending info & instant summaries for, example, employees, SOPs, deviation codes, etc. are available with one-click. Instant summaries are available with a second click.
- Easily respond to ad hoc queries via “Filtering” – no programming required. E.g., Filter by deviation code, employee, SOP, key word, etc.
- Easily export data to Excel® for further analysis and graphing.
- OTIS-Blood Bank provides automated alerts to assist in meeting FDA reporting deadlines for adverse event reports (avoiding FDA citations).
- OTIS-Blood Bank simultaneously handles data collection/trending for all blood bank functions such as: donation error tracking, blood processing errors, blood classification errors, transfusion errors, etc.
- OTIS-Laboratory simultaneously handles data collection/trending for all laboratories such as chemistry, microbiology, etc.
Maximize Return on Investment (ROI)
- One institution used OTIS to identify ways to save $32,000 a year.
- Another institution reduced their FDA reportable events by 64% while at the same time decreasing their staffing levels and handling an increased volume of donations and transfusions.
- OTIS is a very small fraction of the cost of such systems as Title21®, Master Control®, SafeTrace TX®, and Pilgrim Software®.
- There is no “per seat” fee which eliminates licensing issues and administrative overhead related to such fee schemes. OTIS may be installed on as many workstations at a site as needed.
- Installation costs and time are minimal. Unlike large system, OTIS installs in less than a minute on a workstation. Next to zero IT support is needed. Since the OTIS user interface is intuitive, training takes less than an hour. Training is provided by Nouvation, Inc. at no additional cost.
- OTIS comes in a “try-before-you-buy” mode which allows you to makes sure that it is compatible in your environment without spending a penny.
OTIS is quality management software that meets or exceeds all the regulatory requirements for error and accident investigations of the FDA, AABB, CAP, and The Joint Commission. OTIS easily implements the CAPA investigation paradigm for nonconforming (out-of-specifications) events as promulgated by these agencies. OTIS is the unique software tool that effectively supports a continuous quality improvement process.
Nouvation’s Occurrence Tracking Information System (OTIS) software for process improvement & regulatory compliance is EASY to use!
All product names are registered trademarks of their respective companies.